Australasian Summer School 2018
January 9 to 16
‘Singing in the City of Sails’
Auckland, New Zealand
Director: Andrew Lumsden
Organist & Master of the Choristers, Winchester Cathedral, UK.
A message from Neil Shroff, Chair of RSCMNZ Auckland
Dear RSCM Supporter
I do hope the programme outline sounds interesting to you. There is some emphasis on the great composer Ralph Vaughan Williams as we enter the 60th anniversary of his death and much of the music we will sing will be his and some of his contemporaries. We will also have a NZ composer at hand to present us with some of his music.
Andrew Lumsden, of Winchester Cathedral, is our director. He is a fine musician who runs a most amazing choral programme at Winchester. His very relaxed manner with his superb musicianship will be appreciated by all. He will also be giving an organ recital on the brand new, superb Nicholson organ in Holy Trinity Cathedral as part of our programme.
Above all we want the event to be a happy, worthwhile but relaxed meeting of those who love their church choral music. Please send a link to all this information to as many people you know who may be interested in attending.
I look forward to welcoming you to our Summer School and do not hesitate to contact me should you want more information.
Special features of the programme will include…
- the magnificent new cathedral organ
- the restored St Mary’s organ (by an Australian builder)
- an all day trip to beautiful Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf
- Remembering Vaughan Williams (60th anniversary of his death)
- Vaughan Williams contemporaries
- Lectures on Vaughan Williams – his life – and the carol
- Music by New Zealand composer in residence
- How to get the best out of your choir
- How to care for your voice
- How to work with children’s voices
- How to make the best of your resources
- What makes a good hymn?
- Organ/Harpsichord tuition
- VFL coaching and examination
- Two major services
- Major public concert
- Visits to two historic Auckland Churches
- Visit to the Maritime Museum including harbour trip
- Informal concerts and forums
- Bar and recreation facilities
The Summer School will be based at Dilworth School, Epsom and at Holy Trinity Cathedral, Parnell.
For any enquiries about the Summer School, or for further information beyond that provided below, please do not hesitate to contact…
Neil Shroff firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0064 9 575 8874
Online Application for the 2018 Summer School
To apply online, just complete the form below and click the submit application button. You then will need to pay the fee by direct banking.
Attendees outside of New Zealand click here for payment information.